These easy almond flour banana muffins are best when you require a fast and simple muffin. With simply a couple of standard active ingredients, they are prepared in thirty minutes. And, obviously, they’re gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free!
Banana bread is among my outright favorites, however often you simply desire a banana bread muffin. These super-simple banana muffins come together rapidly utilizing almond flour. And they’re best when you have a number of ripe bananas to consume.
This post might consist of affiliate links. For more details, see my disclosure here.
Why You’ll Love These Muffins
These paleo banana muffins are constantly a hit. Even loved ones who do not follow a grain-free or gluten-free diet plan will gobble these deals with up and request more.
I like to bake an additional batch and stash and keep some in the freezer. It is available in helpful for hectic early mornings, unforeseen visitors, abrupt treat attacks, or when I’m too exhausted or hectic to bake.
These muffins are likewise fantastic to bring for outing, walkings, or to embed kids or grownups lunch boxes for a healthy reward.
Here’s a list of why needs to bake these as quickly as possible:
- One bowl
- No mixer required
- Ready in thirty minutes
- Healthy and scrumptious
- Versatile for add-ins
- Freezable for meal preparation
Active Ingredients Required
There are simply a couple of easy kitchen active ingredients required for these banana muffins.
- Bananas – Overripe bananas work best since they are sweeter. This contributes to the taste of the muffins and implies you can utilize less included sweetener.
- Almond Flour – Almond flour is grain-free and gluten-free. I advise utilizing extremely great almond flour for baking. You’ll get a far better outcome with carefully ground almond flour than with a coarser almond meal.
- Coconut Sugar – I utilize simply one tablespoon of coconut sugar, however you can replace your preferred low carbohydrate granulated sweetener if you choose. If you like a sweeter muffin or your bananas are not extremely ripe, you might require to include a little bit more sweetener.
- Eggs – Included protein and assists hold together the batter.
- Avocado Oil – Healthy and neutral in taste, avocado oil is the best replacement for grease when baking.
- Sodium Bicarbonate – A leavening representative that deals with the acid of the lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to assist produce volume when baking.
- Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar – The acid in the lemon juice operates in tandem with the sodium bicarbonate to produce volume when baking so the muffins will increase.
- Salt – Simply a smidge will assist spruce up the taste of these muffins.
How To Make Them
While you can definitely utilize a food mill to make the batter, I discover this banana muffin dish is simply as simple to make in a bowl.
- Merely mash 2 overripe bananas in the bottom of a big blending bowl (a potato masher makes it quick and simple),
- Stir in the remainder of the damp active ingredients, which are the eggs, avocado oil and lemon juice, into the mashed bananas.
- Include the dry active ingredients, which are the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well to integrate.
- At this moment, you can include any additionals you like. They are scrumptious plain, or with included sliced walnuts or chocolate chips (I like these no sugar included dark chocolate chips).
- Utilize a big cookie scoop to fill the muffin liners or silicone muffin cups.
- Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes and you’re done!
This standard dish is amazing as is, however it’s likewise a terrific canvas for fruity, nutty or other additions. Here are a couple of scrumptious recommendations:
- Chocolate: chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Nuts: sliced walnuts, pecans, or slivered almonds
- Fruits: frozen or fresh blueberries, raspberries or little diced strawberries, shredded coconut, raisins.
Include and stir in your additions prior to you’re prepared to fill your muffin tins.
SUGGESTION: Less is more where additions are worried considering that you do not desire the additions subduing and weighing down the batter. I recommend no greater than 1/2 cup of additions contributed to the batter.
Can You Replace Almond Flour?
This is among the most regularly asked concerns. The brief response is no. Coconut flour, gluten-free flour blends, oat flour, even routine wheat flour all respond in a different way in baking, so there is not a straight cup for cup replacement for almond flour.
If you wish to utilize coconut flour, attempt this dish for coconut flour banana muffins. Perk: you can make them in the mixer!
I likewise advise utilizing extremely great almond flour for baking. You’ll get a far better outcome with carefully ground almond flour than with a coarser almond meal.
Mentioning flours, if you’re doing a great deal of baking and acquiring your flours wholesale, make certain you’re saving them appropriately. I like utilizing these locking glass containers for saving my different flours, nuts and more.
They’re glass, so I can quickly see what remains in them. Plus, if you enjoy arranging your kitchen or perhaps saving these containers on your counter top, they’ll constantly look tidy and cool.
Are These Muffins Freezable?
Yes, they are!
If you make a batch of muffins to consume right away, short-term storage on the counter is great, or simply pop them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a couple of days.
To freeze them for long-lasting storage, make certain the muffins are entirely cool prior to product packaging. Shop them in a freezer-safe glass container or a silicone bag.
They will keep for approximately 6 weeks. Here are my non-toxic food storage suggestions.
How To Defrost And Reheat Frozen Muffins
When prepared to take pleasure in a muffin for breakfast or a treat, take it out of the freezer and do among 4 things to thaw and/or get it prepped for reheating.
- Defrost in the refrigerator over night – if you’re planning ahead and understand you’ll desire a muffin or 2 in the early morning, go on and move them from the freezer to the refrigerator so they can thaw over night. Microwave on low in 5 2nd increments to reheat.
- Defrost on the counter top – eliminate the muffin from the freezer and from its container and let it thaw at space temperature level in between 1-2 hours on the counter top. Microwave on low in 5 2nd increments to reheat.
- Microwave thaw – this is the quickest method to thaw your muffin. Ensure you eliminate the muffin( s) from its container and any wrapper. I like to cover it in a moist paper towel to make certain it remains damp while in the microwave. Heat on high for 30 seconds and inspect it prior to choosing if it requires more heat. If so, microwave in 10-15 2nd increments up until wanted thawing and temperature level is accomplished.
At the same time, you can likewise microwave the muffin for approximately 10-15 seconds at first, sufficed in half, include a pat of butter to each half, and microwave for another 10-15 seconds up until it reaches your wanted temperature level.
- Oven thaw – my preferred approach of thawing and heating frozen muffins is to utilize my oven or toaster. Set it to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, set the muffins on a flat pan and let them thaw as the oven pre-heats. Inspect it after 10- 15 minutes or up until it’s warmed through.
Can I Bake This Dish Utilizing Mini Muffin Cups?
Yes, you can, However you’ll require to decrease the baking time. Look at the mini-muffins at the 10-minute mark.
Can I Bake This Dish In A Loaf Pan For Banana Bread?
Yes, you can. Utilize a silicon 9 x 5 loaf pan or line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking. You will require to increase the baking time to around 45-50 minutes. Inspect it with a knife or toothpick in the center.
When completed, let the loaf cool in the pan prior to turning it out in a cooling rack or plate.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for approximately 5 days, or in the freezer, as private pieces. If saving in one container, make sure and location parchment in between each piece, or shop separately. Follow the guidelines above for how to thaw and reheat each piece.
Vital Baking Add-on For Almond Flour Muffins
For the very best outcomes when baking, specifically with almond flour, here are my essential tools and pointers.
Silicone baking cups or parchment muffin liners – when baking with grain-free flours, you wish to make certain your muffins do not stay with your muffin pan. Parchment paper liners are outstanding to utilize or utilize silicone baking cups, which likewise work magnificently.
Cookie scoop – Avoid leaking your muffin batter and utilize this helpful cookie scoop to quickly fill the muffin cups. You’ll likewise be guaranteeing each cup is filled with the exact same volume so they’ll all bake uniformly in the oven.
Superfine almond flour – blanched flour provides the very best taste and texture, and you desire superfine almond flour for baking functions.
More Almond Flour Muffins To Attempt
If you’re trying to find more gluten-free muffins made with almond flour, here are some favorites!
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
These simple almond flour banana muffins taste like banana bread!Print Conserve Email
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease or line muffin tin.
Mash the bananas in a big bowl. Include staying damp active ingredients and stir to integrate.
Integrate dry active ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir dry active ingredients into damp active ingredients.
Utilizing a big ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 complete.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, up until golden brown and a toothpick placed in the center comes out tidy. Cool on cake rack.
Calories: 210 kcal Carbohydrates: 13 g Protein: 7 g Fat: 16 g Hydrogenated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 36 mg Salt: 110 mg Potassium: 107 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 5 g Vitamin A: 70 IU Vitamin C: 2 mg Calcium: 59 mg Iron: 1 mg